Saturday, April 30, 2016

Dear World, She's Perfect

    Wow.

After pulling out my hair all night crazy wondering what I was picking up, we finally have her. 

And she. Is. PERFECT. 

From her the tip of her pretty little nose to the end of her perfect jet black tail. I could not be happier with my pick, she is exactly what I had dreamed of. 

 The tag to pick her up.

I cannot speak highly enough of the staff there, everyone was excited and enthusiastic, as well as kind, efficient, and helpful. 

 She came out of pen 71, where she was with another competitors cremello gelding. 

"Oh I know this horse." I don't know if this was a good or bad statement, but it certainly came out of the nice gentleman who was to run her down the chute. 

But to my relief, there were no High Ho Silver moments, and it didn't take them but thirty seconds to get her down, halter on, and into the trailer. Did I mention, she's perfect?


I think I'm going to call her Taney, after the USCGC Taney, which my dear grandfather captained from July 1980- May 1982. The boat is now docked in the Baltimore harbor where the public can tour. It is a powerful, beautiful ship, and is only fitting for the little mustang queen that I'm hauling.

 I even got a chance to say a little hello. She's certainly not sure, and snorted at me like a dragon, but never uncocked her hind leg and licked and chewed as I moved away just an inch or so. She has the most beautiful curled tips on her ears,  her brand is much tinier than expected. I'm hoping that once we get to brushing that I'll be able to see it better. 


Hi hooman.

But, down to real basics.

Tag #: 1462 2010
Color: Brown
Age:
Gender: Filly
Capture Location: Fish Creek, Nevada
Capture Date: 02/16/15
Markings: Star, snip, and two white pasterns
Amount of Perfect: Out of this world 

She is quietly nibbling hay while we drive the highway, watching cars go by like the perfect little queen that she is. 

Ride strong!
-Allie



No comments:

Post a Comment