Saturday, April 30, 2016

Lady Arwyn, The Gorgeous



She's home!!

And probably hasn't stopped eating since. She didn't even pay any mind to the dozen people greeting her by the fence. Because she's fabulous and she knows it. 

 The Queen has even made herself comfortable in her corral, affectionately named The Palace. 

We put a chair in the pen, and saw her first mustang moment. Snorting, wide eyed, flighty stance, and within a minute she was over it and eating hay again. She's drank, and not done too much investigating, mostly because she hasn't looked up for more than a few seconds. 

 The Queen has also earned herself a name. Lady Arwyn. She is named after the strong and beautiful elvish character in Lord of the Rings. Her curly ears and truly noble nature requires her to have a name fit for royalty. I will call her Arya for short. 

 In all the hubbub, she ended up right up next to me. And just like that, with twenty minutes sitting quietly, she reached out and touched my boot with her nose. Not exactly how I imagined I'd first touch her, but it's a cool start to our little journey! 
I will be spending the night, and will come and go as the night goes on. Tomorrows goal is to touch her little lead. I am confident in her and in our ability to make progress. 

 
 

Till tomorrow!
-Allie








No comments:

Post a Comment