Monday, May 9, 2016

Baby Steps

Day 9
Can I just say, this chute is a god send.

Being able to get Arya in the round pen has kick started some great progress!

Our little set up is so cool, I love it so much. She loves her run in, and her pen has huge amounts of shade (when the sun actually comes out). The run in's footing has held up great despite this weather, and I don't have to worry about her wiping out in the mud when she gets rolling.


Today I was able to touch all over her face, and start the baby steps towards leading. I also managed to find every itchy spot on her neck, which she definitely appreciated.

 
I am officially obsessed. She's so cute, and so so so intelligent. It's just crazy.

She is now comfortable with me handling the rope below her chin, as well as bending in each direction, and taking a few steps with prompting. The left side was definitely more challenging than the right, but I have faith that will be short lived. Tomorrow we will try and get a proper training line on her, and before long hopefully we won't need that little gray lead at all!

It is crazy how she just embraces these new challenges as brave as she does. I can now proudly say that I can rub down almost her entire body (including her face!) I can brush her, she eats her grain with gusto, and I am so close to leading that I can almost taste it. I have found that the little victories are the ones that feel the best.

I hope everyone can get the chance to experience something like this in their lifetime. It truly is incredible.


Till Tomorrow!
-Allie


No comments:

Post a Comment