Thursday, May 5, 2016

Divalicious


Day 5

Today Arya reminded me that she was in fact still a two year old baby mustang (however perfect).
The little queen's grain has finally caught up with her, and the beginning of my morning was more urging her to burn off some energy than actual technical work.


So innocent, so sweet, not like she'd been ripping around or anything five seconds before

Today's goal was to get her more comfortable with me touching her face. We kinda sorta achieved that with the carrot stick, and I was able to get closer to her up front than I have been before. One step closer to leading! I guess the Carrot Stick is really not the pleasant, because every time I would get a solid stroke in, she would immediately turn her head to itch it on the run in or her foot, oops.


I even got my own snuggle times in! I got a few good hairballs out of her, as well as rejoicing at her newly semi-clean belly. The giant matt that was hanging from her belly finally fell off, and it has to be the biggest win yet. Yes. Maybe tomorrow if things go well I can give her an actual brushing. If we can keep training rolling like it is, hopefully I'll be able to begin leading in no time. We have changes in direction semi down, but yielding her haunches has definitely become one of the top priorities.

It's really hard being a perfect little Queen. Sometimes it just takes a bunch of yawns to express your sleepiness. Nobody understands what it takes to be this cute.

But by far, my favorite part of the day was bringing the Queen her dinner, and she actually called to me. Now of course it was because I had my arms full of hay and grain, but it still touched my wee heart. At least I know my horses like me when I feed them.
Probably Arya always.
Ride Strong!
-Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment