Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Leading

Day 11

I'm a bad blogger. I only took one picture.

There weren't many opportunities to stop and pull out my phone, between the weather and nature of the training, cell phones weren't really an option.
Today was rainy. Tomorrow will not be rainy. Friday will be rainy with lightening. I just can't win. We kept the lesson relatively short in the round pen for the sake of staying dry, but we definitely got 'er done.

Perfect baby queen again started back at 100%, and started out getting a quick lunge to get some exercise in. She would much rather stand with me and get scratched, but we have to put all those calories towards something.
Trying to get Arya to exercise

She really has become my little buddy. She comes to the fence when I'm near by and waits, and even follows me around when she's not eating. She doesn't like me quite as much as food yet but we're working on it.

Today we really worked on the whole leading thing. I am so grateful to have gotten such a kind horse, because it went relatively smoothly. In the end, I was able to lead her from the round pen and back into her pen. What a cool feeling. Through spooky gates and everything. I can't wait to get to the point where we are leading well enough to be able to hand graze in the yard. That is my next big goal.

Tomorrow hopefully we can have a longer (dryer) and hopefully smoother session! I'd love to get to adventuring with my perfect little filly sometime soon!



Too fab for you.
Till tomorrow!
-Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment