Sunday, May 8, 2016

Trotting on Sunshine

Day 8

Have I said outright that she's perfect yet? Because she is perfect. Wow.

Today's morning started early with breakfast, she got her grain and hay, and I sat in e pen and enjoyed my morning Starbucks. Perfection. Blue skies, a nice breeze, I couldn't ask for better weather. The stupid rain is gone!



We then continued on to have another great brushing session, and must have pulled enough loose hair out of her butt to make another small pony. But she looks adorable and polished, as well as satisfied that all her itchy spots were addressed. 
She is such a little Queen.
But that's not even the best part.

We finally got the chute up and running! We had an uneventful, easy transition into the round pen, and Nash and Diego even peeked over the fence to see who the pretty lady was. Most of the session was spent trying to keep her attention away from eating/visiting with the boys. It was a great first time in the round pen!


The video might be a little tough to see, but look. at. that. trot.

Basically my Mustang is a gorgeous floaty fancy princess.

I didn't think I'd ever have the pleasure of owning a horse truly this nice this early in my life. My other horse Justin is the love of my life, and I wouldn't give him up for the world, but there is no denying that trot. I couldn't imagine owning two better horses. Arya has continued to surprise me with her intelligence, athleticism, and beauty. Gosh I love her to pieces.

Now that we have access to the round pen, hopefully we will be leading soon. I can't wait to get rolling with this summer. I have big dreams for this little filly! I'm excited to be able to take her out and educate the public with her by my side. She will help me prove that Mustang's aren't range rats that needs to be disposed of, but instead show that they are just as good as our own domestic horses, and even better in some aspects. It's going to be cool!

Watch close for more!
-Allie 


No comments:

Post a Comment