Friday, May 6, 2016

Rainy Day Blues



Day 6

Today stunk.

This non stop rain has really put a hitch everything. The pen was too wet to do absolutely anything but sit in the run in and hang out. Arya probably enjoys this much as I do. Being a queen of the desert, who knows what she would have to say about this weather, if she could talk that is...
Really trying to keep it together about this weather, but man I miss good ol' sunshine. If the rain could kindly just take itself back to the ocean, that would be great. We don't you here anymore rain. Go. Away.


Even Arya, the perfect smart little queen got herself wet today. Her run in is higher up, and therefor nice and dry inside. She usually spends a solid 99% of her time in here, so I'm not too worried about much affecting her.


So with everything being so wet, any kind of pressure that risked her moving above a slow walk might risk a wipe out on her part (or most likely mine). So instead I sat on an upturned bucket and read my John Lyons book while she ate her breakfast/lunch hay.


This weekend we will get a chute set up from her living area to the round pen, that has blue stone footing  and will give me the ability to really start serious work. Because her pen is in the shape of  a crescent moon, I haven't been able to get too much round penning in. There is not enough room to follow through, so if I can avoid having to go through those kinds of lessons with her until I have the proper means to do so, I will definitely try.

So not much to report. One week officially with the Queen tomorrow! I have to say it's been a pleasure! She's certainly helped me learn a lot, about horses and myself. I cannot wait to see what our journey holds for us!

Hopefully tomorrow will be blue skies and sunshine!

Till Tomorrow
-Allie 

No comments:

Post a Comment