Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Cuddle Times


Day 3 



Guess who got to pet her horse today!!

Not like yesterday, which was just a firm stroke, but like, actually get some fur out of her beautiful scuffy little queen petting.




The morning started as usual, with the queen waiting by the gate. I offered a little bit of her breakfast hay ration by hand, but decided we had it down enough that I could get away with just sitting next to the hay pile when she ate. Spending time is always my favorite part of the day. She always sticks close by, it is really astounding that even though she is practically unhandled by people, still wants to be close and friendly.




 Pictures action shots today, the weather has been continually terrible and the ground hasn't gotten a chance to dry, so moving her feet has been a careful endeavor. Today I introduced the carrot stick, hoping that if I could touch her with my body a little farther away, and it would make her more comfortable when I did go to touch her myself. Hypothesis: PROVEN. After getting over the initial new object jitters, it worked like a charm. I was able to stroke her entire shoulder, up her neck, and across her chin. I even found an itchy spot under her mane and on her left ear.

 
I almost couldn't contain myself.

She was practically asleep while I was screaming internally, completely losing my mind excited about the fact that I was so close to being able to brush her and get the nasty matts off her belly. I am positive if we keep moving at this rate that I will be brushing and beginning to lead in no time.

(There weren't even many moments like this)
There wasn't to much else that went down. I quit today's training when I was able to consistently rub on both shoulders. I didn't push too far past her comfort zone so that I can hopefully pick back up confidently tomorrow morning.

Excited to see what tomorrow holds!
Ride Strong
-Alison



No comments:

Post a Comment